Monday, March 16, 2009

The new Star Trek movie

Eh. I won't be seeing it. First of all, I watched the trailer, and I'm totally underwhelmed. There's so many things even in that I could complain about, but I won't. Suffice to say I wonder who decided Jim Kirk looked like that guy from Twilight when he was a kid.

I read up on the movie on its Wikipedia page, and a quote from there fixed my opinion:

For Abrams, "The costumes were a microcosm of the entire project, which was how to take something that's kind of silly and make it feel real.

You're doing a movie based on Star Trek: The Original Series, and you think the original is "kind of silly"?

I'm not giving you money. No way in hell. That reminds me vividly of what Peter Jackson said about writing the scripts for the Lord of the Rings, but I was unable to find the exact quote. He said it's tough to do a script based on one of your favorite books, because then you realize there's a lot wrong with it and you have to fix those "mistakes".

I'm sure Abrams and his lot also "fixed" all the "silly" things about Star Trek. That's why I'm not interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment