Monday, April 16, 2012

Fantasy Baseball Week Two


How does a guy without any hitting manage to win again?  Oh, dominant pitching.  Suck it Ryan!  I have no mission this year, but to make sure you do not win. 

My best player was Matt Kemp again.  The dude is ridiculous:  7 Runs/4 HRs/8 RBIs/.545 AVG/.615 OBP.  Yeah, he is pretty good.  Aside from him I only had one player hit over .300 for the week:  Mike Moustakas.  And then, I only had one guy hit over .250:  Alex Presley.  Yep, I have a great hitting team.

Pitching-wise, my team was led by a middle reliever.  Jonny Venters had 1 Win/6 Ks/3 Holds/0.00 ERA/1.36 WHIP.  My best starter was CJ Wilson, who is every bit as good as advertised.  He had 2 Wins/7 Ks/1.38 ERA/1.15 WHIP.  Ogando also had a good week, he had a save and three holds, but only four strikeouts.

I ended up picking up Ross Detwiler during the week.  Whenever Allen Craig comes off the DL, I will probably drop Gordon Beckham.  I am also thinking about getting rid of John Mayberry or David Murphy and picking up another starter.  Or maybe trading someone for a solid hitter.

Does anyone else feel like the hitting in the league is way down this year?  It could be too early to think about, but something worth looking into.

I am now 16-7-1 and in second place in my division (third place overall).  I take on Offord this week.  We always have a fun battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment