Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm in shock. I took the wrong train and ended up completely lost. I had no money and my phone was dead. Everything was dark and i had to look for a phone booth to call someone. Any one who could come and get me. Of course i called my mother and started sobbing. The only thing i knew about my location was the train stations name and that it wasn't a very good neighborhood. I haven't been that scared in a while. So i sat down and cried in a corner. I know, its very pathetic.

A concerned Asian lady came up to me. Her accent was thick so it was hard to understand what she was saying, but i made out a few things. "you okay?" i looked up at her a little alarmed with my cheeks still wet. "I'm fine now. thank you" i replied in a half sob half whisper. "no i overhear. You say you have no money and no phone. please take this" she hands me a $20. I couldn't believe that a complete stranger would help me. I couldn't take her money. I insisted i wouldnt, but she left it on my lap. Before i could say anything she said "please keep. I don't want anything bad to happen to u. i really do care." Then she gave me a hug and walked away.

I couldn't believe that a complete stranger would help me in a time of need. Living in a big city a lot of people go about their day without noticing the people around them. I confess to doing this sometimes too.

I looked for her to say thank you but i couldnt find her. I didnt even get her name or a chance to return the money. Im so thankful for this ladys help. Situations like these always make me more posotive and thankfull for all the love i get from people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment