Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fig Tree



I glanced at the starless sky
while walking one cold night
and thought of you.

I walked in silence till i came across a tree
which was splitting in half.
I thought about us.

i found it curious that someone had tied it together
in an effort to keep the fig tree together.
I thought about the person who did this.

Who did they think they were choosing the fate
of the two sides? What if it didnt want to be one.
I thought about life.

How could someone, an anonymous
person, force that which doesnt want to be brought together?

i took a drag of my cigarette and glanced at the fig tree one last time
before i continued my walk home.
As i approached my house i made a promise to my self.

I would never talk to you again.
The phone rang and I broke the promise i had just made.
I thought about that damn tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment