Thursday, March 10, 2011

I cant tell you how many times
i get reminded about my appearance
while walking down Hollywood blvd.
Today is the second day we had nice weather
in more then three months.

The purpose of my large straw hat is
to conceal my skin from the harsh sun.
Its job was to shield me from the world
yet i can still hear the cat calls
still i avoid eye contact with
strangers passing by.
I know they're admiring me,
but i don't feel flattered.

They say that beauty's only skin deep
and though i don't know who "they" are
i hope they're right.
I want people to look at me and see
the ugly and crude and rude.
i want to be so naive that i forget
the naked eye cant see past the exterior.

I doubt people look at me and instantly know
that i steal.
My first impression doesn't scream
chain smoker
pot head
insensitive
selfish or bitch
but something much more surreal.

I long for simplicity
I want to be innocently admired
but here i am no longer a child.
now i have to decide if i want to take advantage
of this curse

No comments:

Post a Comment