Monday, May 21, 2012

Weigh-In Wednesday XIV

I weighed 176.8 today, which is pretty normal for me now.  I would still like to lose about ten more pounds.  I believe this is doable, I just need to make a few more adjustments.

Listening to sports radio can be really frustrating.  For about a week now, all I have heard is how the Pirates need to go out and trade for a bat.  Because that is the easiest thing to do.  I understand the frustration fans have with watching this team.  I would love to see some power-hitter in the lineup.  Unfortunately, who is out there that the Pirates can trade for?

Looking at a list of 2013 free agents does not look very promising.  Maybe the Buccos could trade James McDonald and Alex Presley for Curtis Granderson.  Or wait, how about Joel Hanrahan and Starling Marte for Andre Ethier.  Oh, you mean the Yankees and Dodgers might not go for that?  Weird.

I guess they could try to pry Kendrys Morales away from the Angels or maybe go after Matt Adams.  I wonder if Detroit would be willing to give up Brad Eldred (not that he would really be an upgrade since he never hits well in the majors).  Aside from some unproven AAA masher, there really are not many options.

No comments:

Post a Comment