Monday, May 9, 2011

Fantasy Baseball Week Five

This week I took on Sean (from Sean's Ramblings) and we had a pretty good battle.  Well it was a good battle if you consider one team having .193/.271 batting average/OBP.  I beat Sean 6-5-1, which brought me back to .500 (I am just like the Pirates!) and proved to me yet again that I can remain competitive even with crappy hitting.  Just look at these hitting stats.

Look at how ugly some of those numbers are.  At least My Savior decided to make a good start.  Adam Dunn actually had a good game the day I put him on the bench.  My big hitter for the week was David Ortiz.  I won stolen bases and we tied in home runs.

Over on the pitching side, well I dominated.  The only category he won was WHIP and that was because of an amazing pitching line on Sunday:  19.2 IP/2 Wins/21 Ks/1.37 ERA/1.22 WHIP.  That brought his down enough (and mine went up just enough) to win the category.

My best player was probably Brian Wilson (and his disgusting beard):  2 Wins/3 Saves/7 Ks/0.00 ERA/0.80 WHIP.  He had more saves than Sean's entire team and almost as many wins.

This week I take on Offord, who is a half game ahead of me.  I could use a big win, but I will settle for another close one.

No comments:

Post a Comment